Professor at the Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research (IDAEA), Spanish National Research Council (CSIC).
- Reactive flow and transport in heterogeneous media
- Stochastic modeling
- Non-perturbative methods
- Upscaling and effective transport quantification
- Anomalous transport.
- Density dependent flow and transport.
- Flow and transport in unsaturated media.
- M. Dentz, A. Cortis, H. Scher, and B. Berkowitz. Time behavior of solute transport in heterogeneous media: transition from anomalous to normal transport. Adv. Water Resour., 27(2):155173, 2004
- T. Le Borgne, M. Dentz, and J. Carrera. A Lagrangian statistical model for transport in highly heterogeneous velocity fields. Phys. Rev. Lett., 101:090601, 2008
- M. Dentz and D. Bolster. Distribution- versus correlation-induced anomalous transport in quenched random velocity fields. Phys. Rev. Lett., 105:244301, 2010
- M. Dentz and D. M. Tartakovsky. Probability density functions for passive scalars dispersed in random velocity fields. Geophys. Res. Lett., 37:L24406, 2010
- T. Le Borgne, M. Dentz, P. Davy, D. Bolster, J. Carrera, J.-R. de Dreuzy, and O. Bour. Per- sistence of incomplete mixing: A key to anomalous transport. Phys. Rev. E, 84:015301(R), 2011
- M. Dentz, P. Gouze, and J. Carrera. Effective non-local reaction kinetics for transport in physically and chemically heterogeneous media. J. Cont. Hydrol., 120-121:222236, 2011
- M. Dentz, T. LeBorgne, A. Englert, and B. Bijeljic. Mixing, spreading and reaction in hetero geneous media: A brief review. J. Cont. Hydrol., 120-121:117, 2011
- M. Dentz. Concentration statistics for transport in heterogeneous media due to stochastic fluctuations of the center of mass velocity. Adv. Water Resour., 36:1122, 2012
- D. Bolster and M. Dentz. Anomalous dispersion in chemically heterogeneous media induced by long-range disorder correlation. J. Fluid Mech., 695:366389, 2012
- I. Neuweiler, D. Erdal, and M. Dentz. A non-local Richards equation to model unsaturated flow in highly heterogeneous media under non-equilibrium pressure conditions. Vadose Zone J., 11:vzj2011.0132, 2012